Sunday, October 11, 2009

(Something I'm working on.)

Work is coming along, though it is somewhat slow. I find I am writing and reading more than anything, but all are a means to an end. Ideas are flowing, and I am gradually chipping away at the production. I must say, that I am particularly satisfied with the way things are going, and judging on the responses I have been receiving, others are too. However, I am still in the process of trying to make sense of some things. All in good time, I believe, everything should fit into place. I hope to be able to have images up on this page soon if all goes well.
As well, here is a snippet of thought from a artist statement I wrote recently that pertains to my current work. As they are thoughts, and it is still early on, I dear say things are subject to change or to be built upon.

"Time is something we are all familiar with, moving through, and in one way or another, are dependent upon. It envelops all things as we know them, as well as things past and not yet present, and is in every way uncontrollable. In my working I have raised these questions to myself about these issues and what they mean to me: The idea of time being given as a means of something expendable, as well as the idea of time being taken/spent as apposed to it being used. Could time have a limit? If so, where is the line drawn and could we see it if we tried?"

2 comments:

  1. Steve, I really like where you're going with this. Keep posting! It's wonderful to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Melissa, thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete