Thursday, July 12, 2012

GOING



   Latex on linen and wall
12x12"

I am still working on this body of paintings, and I have been really excited about them. The ends for the means of this body of work is for a three person show I will be apart of at the University of Maryland in September, with Lilly Kuonen and Emily Rodia. I am very excited to be exhibiting with these ladies, and absolutely thrilled to see our work together. 

This new painting (not yet titled) is actually the one that started my thinking about this suit of paintings, but was not executed till over a year later. So I have been carrying these ideas with me for some time now. What I like most about this piece is how the form (the cross) is breaking the frame, yet it is "holding" it to the wall, so to speak; and further still it highlights where wall meets painting and visa versa, as the others do. I have much more to say about these paintings, as well to continue my thesis (I have been doing some writing), which I will be posting at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment