Wednesday, February 9, 2011

COMPUTER SKETCHES: DARK BLUE & THE DEPTH OF THE SOUL

I have been working on some sketches in Photoshop, sort of experimenting and configuring with flat color, proportion, and the effect in which these things speak visually concerning the soul. I'm diving into some color "theory" the likes of Kandinsky and Albers, while trying to hone in on my own sort of spiritual experience in dealing with these colors and where one might find oneself in his/her walk. I've been dealing primarily with a deep navy blue (some close to black), that, according to Kandinsky, is the color that provokes the deepest realm of the soul, and in some cases, is a realm of sorrow and grief to the extent of not being human. Kandinsky and Albers both used color as something more influential rather than representational, but I am in attempts to maintain a little of both; while at the same time, I would like these pieces just to be able to do their thing.








1 comment: